The Radius Mapping Solution improves the Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Dynamics CRM) "out of the box" experience by allowing easy display of related entities on a visual map based on radius from a source record. For example, an Account record could have a map on the form which displays all Contacts within a twenty mile radius of that Account.
Example Use Cases:
- In one scenario, you are able to look at an Account and see all the Contacts in CRM that are within 50 miles of the Account. This allows users to identify other Contacts that might be worth visiting or that would be within a certain distance of this Account for logistics planning purposes.
- In another scenario, you can look at all the associated Accounts in CRM that are within 25 miles of another Account. Again, this scenario allows users to identify other Accounts that might be worth visiting or that would be within a certain distance of the original Account for visit or logistics planning purposes.
- In a third scenario, you have the ability to look at all associated Accounts in CRM that are within 100 miles of a particular Lead. An inside sales person could better gauge if this Lead might be higher priority as it is geographically close to some existing accounts and to an outside sales professional that can effectively build a relationship with them.
Interested in how you can implement this solution for your organization?
Reach out to us or find out more about the solution through your Account Director.
About the Release
Fullscope has released version 2.0.0 of the Radius Mapping Solution, available at no cost to clients with current maintenance agreements for this solution.
To support the solution going forward, we have also developed an in-house Chart Maps solution, removing the need to rely on any third party software.
Improvements in version 2.0.0 include:
- Updated to CRM 8.2 (Dynamics 365)
- Removed dependency on third party Chart Maps
- Created in-house Chart Map solution
This version is a critical update, as Microsoft is discontinuing support for the Bing Maps version 7 API. Previous versions will cease working when this occurs. All current customers should contact their account manager or log an Adopt2Win ticket to arrange to receive the update.
Please log an Adopt2Win ticket to request the latest solution file. Once the new solution file is on hand, use the solution import wizard to upgrade to the latest version. The same install file can be used to upgrade or to perform a clean install.
- Go to Settings > Solutions
- Click Import in the ribbon
- Click browse and locate the new solution file and click next twice to advance two steps in the wizard
- Select overwrite customizations unless you have made modifications to the snapshot solution. If you have made customizations, select maintain customizations. Leave the Enable SDK Steps box checked and click Import.
Support and issue reporting for this solution is handled via the Adopt2Win portal. The Adopt2Win solution support area can be accessed here. If you have a current maintenance agreement but do not have an Adopt2Win login, please contact your account director or contact us here.