Does your organization have a difficult approval process? Empowering your managers is made simple with Microsoft Flow Approvals. Managers are equipped with a modern approval request process that can be approved anywhere. Let’s take a look at what Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Flow can do together.
Microsoft Flow: Flow Approval Features
- Microsoft Flow has an approval process that can be used with almost any data source
- Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement
- Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- Anything on the Power Platform
- Approvals can require that all approvers must approve a request or only a single approver
- Approver Notifications
- Via email: approvers receive a message in their inbox with information and two buttons, to either approve or reject. No login of external systems is required and users can do it right from within their emails.
- Via mobile app: Additionally, there is a Microsoft Flow app that can be downloaded from the App Store which will send push notifications that take you directly into the flow app to manage all approvals.
Microsoft Flow: Example Approval Use Cases
- Opportunity approvals
- Quote and discount approvals
- New account creation approvals
- SharePoint document or list approvals
- Travel and expense requests
- RMA and return approvals
Dynamics 365 is used to track RFP’s received from customers and CRM manages the lifecycle of these. If the RFP response requires revisions, approval is required prior to being submitted back to the customer. The approver is constantly traveling and requires quick and easy access to the RFP data to quickly approve or reject. Watch this quick demonstration below that will take you through a Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement scenario. See the approval process via the Microsoft flow app, via Outlook email and a demo what the RFP process looks like and how to build your own approval process.