With the release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, there has been a lot of excitement about all the new capabilities in the solution. There has also been a lot of questions about how the Use Rights (what users can and cannot do) work in the solution.
Some frequently asked questions that we have been getting:
- What License Rights do I need to Administer CRM? The answer is Professional
- Can a Basic User view Opportunities? The answer is Yes
- What License Rights do I need to track and manage an Opportunity? The answer is Professional
- Is Mobile included with each License type? The answer is Yes
Here are a couple of slides that help clarify the Use Rights for Professional, Basic and Essential SKUs in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013: Professional, Basic and Essential Explained – Part 1
* Actions can be performed only against records corresponding to entities in the use rights
** Use of Yammer within Dynamics CRM requires a Yammer Enterprise License (not included)
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013: Professional, Basic and Essential Explained – Part 2
* Creating, updating and deleting via workflows can only be performed against entities included in the use rights (i.e. update an opportunity requires Professional).
** Custom entities (either based on entities included in CRM or created by a customer or partner) may require a higher CAL or USL, depending on the required access. Customizations can only be performed against entities included in the use rights.
Want to learn more about Dynamics CRM? Watch the on demand webinar, An Introduction of CRM Capabilities for Those Already Using Microsoft Dynamics for ERP.