Since the launch of Dynamics 365 for Marketing – a marketing automation solution that helps businesses turn more prospects into business relationships – more and more organizations have adopted this application to better align their sales and marketing efforts. The new update for this release will bring about new services and capabilities, with less effort for those using Dynamics 365 for Marketing.
Here are the key investments areas that Microsoft has focused on for this release:
- Marketing made simple: Having simplified trial sign-ups. Processes have been simplified by eliminating extra clicks. Improvements include: new email layouts, subscription-list management, and much more.
- Personalized marketing: Due to a robust platform, large organizations can customize their marketing execution to run independently for each business unit.
- Connected business apps: Gather marketing-powered insights and drill down into details to learn more about customers.
- Actionable intelligence: Lets you build optimized audiences and orchestrate effective communication strategies. With Dynamics 365 Customer Insights, marketers can leverage the power of the Microsoft ecosystem to increase the effectiveness of their marketing initiatives.
- Fundamental investments: Improved performance, scalability, system management, extensibility, and throughput for campaign execution and email marketing.
Top things to know:
- Dynamics 365 Customer Insights integration – this app applies artificial intelligence to analyze rich pools of customer data collected from across other apps like Dynamics 365 for Sales, Service, and Marketing.
- Email A/B testing – Determine which of several possible email designs will produce the best results. Create multiple designs on a different subset of your audience and then analyze interaction records to see how each design was received.
- Support for surveys using Microsoft Forms Pro – Use surveys to measure customer sentiment and satisfaction at every touchpoint. Make smarter decisions by capturing and analyzing customer feedback.
To learn more about other important release notes, take a look at our other blogs in this series:
- Dynamics 365 Sales– 2019 Release Wave 2 Roadmap
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service– 2019 Release Wave 2 Roadmap
- Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation - 2019 Release Wave 2 Roadmap
- Dynamics 365 Field Service– 2019 Release Wave 2 Roadmap