This powerful tool used as an end-to-end solution for on-site service technicians has paved the way for organizations to provide more proactive field services.
Microsoft is focused on these three areas for this 2019 release wave 2:
- Technician success through integration with Dynamics 365 Guides.
- Continued investment in proactive service with Azure IoT.
- Ongoing improvements in resource scheduling.
What’s new: Mixed reality guides for Field Service
Dynamics 365 Guides is a new mixed reality application on HoloLens will help employees learn while they are doing. Through step-by-step instructions, Dynamics 365 Guides direct employees to the tools and parts they need, in a 3D space, and how to use them.
In addition to the experience of using Dynamics 365 Guides on HoloLens, all a manager needs to create a Guide is PC which makes it easy to create interactive content, attach photos and videos, import 3D models, and customize training to turn institutional knowledge into a repeatable learning tool. Mixed reality Guides for Field Service enables the Dynamics 365 Guides capability to be seamlessly integrated within the Field Service experience by attaching certain guides to Work Order Service Tasks.
*Source: Microsoft Dynamics 365 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan pg. 112
To learn more about other important release notes, take a look at our other blogs in this series:
- Dynamics 365 Sales– 2019 Release Wave 2 Roadmap
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service– 2019 Release Wave 2 Roadmap
- Dynamics 365 Marketing – 2019 Release Wave 2 Roadmap
- Dynamics 365 Field Service – 2019 Release Wave 2 Roadmap