It is essential for a food and beverage manufacturers to have a system in place that offers detailed documenting in order to ensure effective and optimum food lot traceability. The manufacturing industry is rapidly evolving and there is technology available that can streamline this vital track and trace process. With end-to-end visibility and control, food process manufacturers have the ability to prepare for a recall before it happens and avoid the negative impacts of one, if it were to happen.
So how can you begin migrating towards a fully automated food lot traceability system?
These are the key steps to start migrating to a fully automated food lot traceability system: Know and document what happens in your production facility with Microsoft Dynamics
- Track key data from your supplier material receipts
- Record data in real time – use mobile enabled warehouse management tool to record data in real time and to avoid data entry errors
- Manage lot holds, restricted transactions, sub-lot dispositions
- Record quality data
- Train quality personnel to perform detailed “online” lot trace
- Train personnel on use of online mock recall tool
To gather in-depth detail on each of these steps or watch to a demo on an online mock recall with Microsoft Dynamics, watch this on demand webinar, Food Lot Traceability: the Real and Devastating Costs of Not Investing In a Modern System.
Looking to understand how you can prepare for recall BEFORE it even happens? Take a look at our previous blog in this series How to Prepare For a Food Recall With Microsoft Dynamics 365.