One of the primary areas that customers use Microsoft Dynamics CRM for is Sales Pipeline and Forecast Management. As organizations master the tracking of their Sales Pipeline, tweaking their sales process and leveraging it to help coach their sales teams, the next logical step is for them to start analyzing the trends in their sales cycle and get a better handle on their sales velocity.
They typically start asking:
- How long are deals taking to go through the sales cycle?
- How long do they spend in each stage?
- How long does it take for us to win a deal?
- Which campaigns are yielding more business?
- Which campaigns create opportunities that close the fastest?
These questions are often asked by our customers and so Zero2Ten has created a Sales Analysis Solution that works right inside of Microsoft Dynamics CRM that helps Sales Leaders better understand trends in their Sales Cycle.
The Sales Analysis Solution contains 14 Sales Analysis Scorecards (Charts) that effectively measure:
Average Revenue by Opportunity Stage - Analyze the average revenue by sales stage. Does opportunity revenue go up or down on average as deals progress through the sales cycle? Do different teams or customer segments have different revenue estimates as they progress through the sales cycle?
Average Revenue by Owner and Opportunity Stage - Visualize how the average deal size changes by sales team member as opportunities progress through the sales cycle. Are reps consistently forecasting or are deals going up or down as they get closer to closing?
Average Revenue by Opportunity Status - Analyze the average opportunity revenue by the entire sales team member based on the sales status. Do opportunity values go up or down when a deal is open versus won or lost?
- Average Revenue by Owner and Opportunity Status - Visualize how you can see your sales team average deal size change as opportunities progress through the sales cycle. Does the sales team have a consistent deal size for won vs lost opportunities? Is their open opportunity average consistent with their won/lost average?
Total Revenue by Campaign & Opportunity Status - Visualize how your marketing campaigns are performing by won and lost revenue. Which campaigns are bringing in the best opportunities versus the ones that have had a number of Losses?
- Total Revenue by Won/Lost Reason - Analyze why you are winning and losing business. Look for trends across the sales team, region or opportunity type.
Average Days to Reach Sales Stage by Owner - Visualize the average days it takes for each sales team member to reach each stage of the sales cycle.
- Average Days to Close by Owner - Visualize the average days to close a deal by sales team member. Are reps getting out of deals early that aren't a good fit? How long does it take on average to win deals vs lose deals?
Average Days to Close by Won/Lost Reason - Visualize how long it takes to close opportunities based on the won/lost reason. Does it take you longer to win deals on price or relationship? If you are losing deals, how long were you in them for?
- Average Days to Close by Owner and Won/Lost Reason - Visualize how long it takes to close opportunities based on the won/lost reason by sales team member. Which reps are better at getting out of deals earlier? Is there a best practice to implement across the board?
Average Days to Close by Source Campaign and Status - Visualize how long it takes to close opportunities based on the source campaign that initiated the opportunity. Which campaigns are driving better business for us?
- # of Won/Lost Opportunities by Owner - Visualize the number of opportunities won vs lost by sales team member. How is each rep performing on their deal wins vs losses?
- Average Days in Sales Stage - Visualize how long on average your deals spend in each stage of the sales cycle. Are you spending more or less time qualifying deals? Does that time pay off in the end with higher close rates?
Average Days in Sales Stage by Owner - Visualize how long on average each sales team member spends in each stage of the sales cycle. How can we coach the team to move deals through each stage more effectively?
If you would like to know more about our Sales Analysis Solution, please reach out to us!