Can you confidently ensure that your GDPR compliance strategy is fully in order? Now that the enforcement date has come and gone, there may still be some critical areas that need to be addressed in order to maintain compliance; and since there are severe penalties for any organization that does not comply or meet their GDPR obligations, following these 6 steps are recommended in order to continue conducting business as usual.
6 Phases of the GDPR Compliance Cycle:
- Compliance Planning and Personal Data Audit: Identify what policies and documentation you need to put into place.
- Obtain and Manage Consent: Identify all personal data held in company systems and what solution you want to be the master of those contacts.
- Implement GDPR Processes
- Educate Employees: Educate all employees on how GDPR will change the tasks they routinely perform.
- Data Protection Requests: Once consent is obtained, all contacts have the right to make five types of data requests. (Download guide to see the types of data requests)
- Monitoring, Reporting and Record Keeping
Compliance strategy, planning and implementation is a complex undertaking with many discreet steps. Fullscope is helping companies using Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement meet their GDPR compliance obligations.
Download this guide where we layout the 6 steps in detail that companies need to think about in order to become GDPR compliant.