The Microsoft R&D Team took 3 days last week (June 20, 21 and 22) to present and summarize everything that they are working on for the next release of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement platform. The good news is that many of these features are just around the corner as they will be released to public or private preview next month and then to GA (general availability) as they are deemed ready by the team. Microsoft Dynamics 365 is definitely reaching another peak with this next release, which looks to be the biggest one in the history of the product.
Top 5 Themes for New Dynamics 365 Release
The key themes for the next 12 months are best summed up by Param Kahlon the GM of Product Management with this slide:
As you can see from the roadmap, the themes include user experience, customer insights, relationship sales, business edition, as well as extensible and scalable application platform. You'll see these themes reflected in the 24 best feature highlights listed below.
24 Feature Highlights
Here are 24 highlights of the features and enhancements coming that are going to have a great impact on our customers:
1) Unified Interface – A focus on unifying the user experience across all devices. There are also some nice updates to reduce white space, add text wrapping and improve styling
2) Some great updates to Mobile – 11 key areas of improvements. Lots of updates to make mobile a primary experience for many users.
3) Introduction of Timeline – Pulling together
4) Interactive Dashboard enhancements
5) Scheduling enhancements – schedule resources for any business process
6) Leverage Bots and integrate with Live Assist – BYOB (Bring Your Own Bot)
7) Enhancements to Social Engagement – Social Selling and Power BI
8) Introduction of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Marketing
9) Introduction of Dynamics 365 for Sales, Business Edition
10) Introducing Event Management
11) Enhancements with the LinkedIn – Dynamics 365 integration
12) Introduction to App Modules
13) Customer Insights Enhancements – Machine Learning will be common use cases
14) Predictive Match inside Customer Insight
15) Predicting Account Retention
16) DCI – Out of the box setup of Big Data Insights
17) Data Connector for Dynamics 365
18) Refreshed Entities for Configuration
19) Organization Insights
20) Multi Select has arrived!
21) Data Export Service – Leverage this service to backup/replicate your CRM data
22) Example of the Microsoft Common Data Service using Data Sync for Prospect to Cash
23) Separating out Solutions
24) Refreshed Web Client UI
Want to take advantage of these great new features? Let us know or learn more here.