Insights From: Reddy Beeram (Fullscope Director of Product Development)
What is COA?
A Certificate of Analysis (COA) is an official document provided to customers who require specification documentation for specific lots of items they purchase. The COA describes specific tests performed to confirm the quality of a given item lot. It should list tests performed, the tolerance/outcome allowed for each test, results of the tests on a sample of that item lot, and lot expiration date.
A certificate of analysis report shall provide the following information:
- A complete list of the product's physical and chemical specifications that were tested.
- Units of measure, if applicable.
- The minimum/maximum specification or the standard outcome
- The actual results from the tested production lot.
- Lot number and lot expiration date
- Date Certificate of analysis was issued
Standard Microsoft Dynamics AX provides the ability to create a basic Certificate of Analysis from the quality order, which is generic and does not take any specific customer related product specification into consideration. There is currently no ability to vary the content of the COA by customer and there is no ability to automatically create/print a COA at sales order packing list posting time. Most often customers require the COA to show only the tests & results in which they are interested in based on their use of the product. For example, Vinegar Concentrate may be used by both food and chemical manufacturers. What a food manufacturer might look for from a product specification might be different than what a chemical manufacturer might need. COA for the food manufacturer should be based on the product specification they provide and the same goes with the chemical manufacturer as well.
This new feature has the following main components:
- Way to group customers for COA-related purposes and set up flexible COA customer requirements.
- Multiple methods to create/print Customer specific COA's
- From Quality order
- From Sales order packing list posting
- From Inventory batch
- Directly from Inventory management menu
- Visibility to additional details on the COA Report
For More Information:
Certificate of Analysis Features