Help detect the duplication of data in Microsoft Dynamics CRM with these five steps:
- For new CRM implementations, clean the data prior to the first data load into CRM.
- Limit who has access to import data. This is a huge culprit of duplicate data.
- Review duplication detection rules periodically to ensure your business process have not changed, that the rules still meet your business needs and that they are still activated. Remember that publishing an entity change will deactivate the rules automatically.
- Analyze your duplicate history to identify the root cause. Is there an integration point or individual generating the bulk of duplications? Finding and correcting the root cause is the best practice of all.
- If you are on CRM 2013, make sure you have Service Pack 1 otherwise Duplication Detection will not work properly.
For more information, contact our CRM team at email@example.com.