Insights from: Mark Pitts (Senior Software Developer)
When upgrading plug-ins to CRM 2013, plug-in originally registered to run under the 'SYSTEM(Disabled)' context, will fail with the error
"systemuser With Id = 4ed7588c-6176-4c91-aa19-2e22c6480237 Does Not Exist".
It is unclear where the GUID came from, because it didn't exist in the system user table.
You won't be able to fix it directly from the CRM Explorer in Visual Studio.
Steps to Resolve:
- From Visual Studio, open the file crmregister.register.
- Make note of every instance of "ImpersonatingUserId="4ed7588c-6176-4c91-aa19-2e22c6480237".
- Remove every occurrence and save the file.
- Temporarily re-deploy all plug-ins.
- Refresh CRM Explorer.
- Now you can use CRM Explorer to re-point at the 'SYSTEM(Disabled)' user for impersonating.